Seeking an experienced Catering & Event Coordinator to be responsible for developing new client relationships, maintaining existing accounts with the highest level of professionalism and service. You must be an excellent communicator, able to compose emails and proposals with accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
You enjoy working in a fast paced, growing, small business environment and are available to work a full time schedule of Monday thru Friday (standard hours 9am-5pm) as well as evenings and weekends as required for events. We are looking for someone available and flexible to work additional hours as required.
You are flexible to spend a day corresponding and communicating via email and phone in the office and the next offsite, delivering and setting up catered events on location. No job is beneath you - as a team player that leads by example. You are able to juggle multiple priorities, while remaining organized and taking care of the details.
We seek a high energy, positive personality with a "can do" attitude. You are punctual and reliable and willing to work additional hours as necessary.
*Must have a valid Ontario driver's license and confidence to drive company vehicles and navigate the GTA
*EVENT PLANNING TASKS:
- Use Microsoft Outlook to correspond by email with clients.
- Provide outstanding customer service with main activities including answering incoming calls, emails, and direct responses to inquiries.
- Place catering orders accurately and efficiently.
-Coordinate rentals and staffing as required for full service events.
- Create event contracts, quotes, confirmations, order revisions and proposals.
-Vacation coverage support for coworkers.
-Preparing and emailing the drivers schedule for next day events, as required
- Lead generation and introduction of Kiss the Cook to potential clients. Cold calling and sending menus
-Ensuring that follow ups are scheduled in catering software, forecasting follow ups for next season. Using sales tools efficiently to establish new business relationships
-Wedding and special event catering coordination focusing on catering, staffing and rentals.
- Conduct food tastings and product samples for new clients.
- Deliver orders to clients and set up full-service events as required.
-Provides outstanding service to existing preferred venues and cultivates new relationships with Venues
-Miscellaneous duties, administrative tasks and errands as required
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word), good typing and general computer skills.
-Ability to learn and use computer platforms (*full training provided for Caterease program)
- Flexible in work habits to meet the office demands i.e. changing priorities, extra hours, etc.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail - Strong customer service skills and sound judgement - Driven personality and a hard work ethic
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude
-Uses company time efficiently
-Fosters good relationships with employees
FULL TIME POSITION
Regular Schedule is Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm. Additional hours may be required for special events.
Required license or certification:
TO APPLY: Please read through all required qualifications in detail. You may submit cover letter and resume for our consideration.
We will contact candidates via email if interested in scheduling an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time