Rate of Pay:
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that designs and documentation of components and systems meet specified technical demands, product safety, legislative requirements and internal demands
- Provide support and/or solutions for service, production, and suppliers.
- Coordinate build and testing pre-production components, assemblies and machines.
- Contributes to overall profitability related to component design improvements on new and existing products.
- Participate in all project phases which include design, documentation, development, testing, and commissioning.
- Design and implement control systems for operation of custom mobile industrial equipment
- Collect and analyze data in support of failure analysis, root cause, and corrective action
- Develop PLC code/software for mobile industrial equipment
- Provides frequent team progress updates to direct manager as needed
- Evaluate and troubleshoot control systems consisting of PLCs, AC and DC drives, computer controls, and HMI interfaces
- Manufacturing documentation of electrical schematics, wire cut lists, mechanical assembly and wiring of enclosures & harnesses
- Design drawings and schematics of low voltage harnesses
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Controls, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering discipline is required
- A minimum of zero (0) to three (3) years of experience in control systems engineering
- Ability to read and analyze schematics and electrical engineering drawings
- Strong knowledge of mobile vehicle systems including powertrain control & battery management systems, electronic design, analog circuit design and electromechanical design
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD is beneficial.
- Knowledge of PLC and Computer code/software for mobile industrial equipment
Desirable Knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly-interactive startup environment
- Strong leadership skills and commitment to delivering high quality products
- Demonstrates unwavering commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability and willingness to learn new PLC and computer development platforms.
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem-solving skills
- An extensive amount of independent thinking is required
- Able to work under minimal supervision, with management guidance
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong aptitude with computers and learning new systems
- Experience in construction/heavy truck/equipment methods manufacturing, tool design, and related activities
- Knowledge of Wheel Loaders and supporting off highway equipment preferred