About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Travel, Meetings and Events, Specialist will be responsible for the assessment, planning, and delivery of internal and external meetings and events in collaboration with key internal stakeholders for the NY office. This individual will be responsible for the coordination of various meetings across the NY office varying in both size and scope offering additional support as necessary firmwide. This position works closely with various internal groups to develop internal and external events from inception to execution establishing and implementing best practices. This position requires the ability to work independently, and the ability to follow-up with staff and attorneys as needed.
- Successful management of the organization and delivery of innovative meetings and events through effective project management, including collaboration with partners and other internal stakeholders as it relates to meeting content, planning, and logistics.
- Coordination of meeting and event logistics, including food and beverage, audio visual, technology, transportation, and other related requirements.
- Establishment and promotion of strong working relationships with external contacts and suppliers to ensure the Firm’s needs are understood and met.
- Site selection, request for proposal development, and contract negotiations in conjunction with the Firm’s Contract Management group.
- Budget preparation and management, including preparation of cost estimates, managing meeting related expenses, and post event analysis and reporting.
- Identification of cost savings opportunities and strategies to ensure meeting and event expenses are cost effective.
- Creation and dissemination of attendee communications.
- Coordination and preparation of meeting collateral, including signage, attendee lists, and other materials.
- Conduct event research and recommendations associated with the support and execution of NY office events.
- Execute the pre and post event registration process. Working with CVENT where applicable. This includes organizing, tracking and sharing event RSVP lists and updating post event attendee lists.
- Coordinate post production event recaps including the generation of final attendance numbers, cost summaries and other post event data and reports.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in event planning and a Bachelor’s Degree.
- CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) or CSEP (Certified Special Events Professional) designation is preferred.
- Extensive background in NY venues, meetings and events.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, including the ability to identify and manage risks, as well as being able to manage conflict while demonstrating diplomacy and credibility. Capable of working under pressure with a positive attitude and calm demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinator projects with various stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Outstanding project management skill, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines is required. Experienced with negotiating contracts, reducing potential liability and costs, and implementing contractual terms.
- Involvement with the hotel, hospitality, and travel industries through various associations, including the knowledge of meeting management, hotel operations, and travel programs.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.