About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
As part of the greater Firmwide Travel, Meetings and Events Department, the Coordinator’s primary focus will be assisting in the planning, and delivery of internal and external meetings and events, primarily for Kirkland’s Legal Recruiting and Development Department. This position will be responsible for the coordination of various meetings across the firm varying in both size and scope under the direction of the Senior Specialist. This position requires the ability to work independently, and the ability to follow-up with staff and attorneys as needed.
- Assist with successful management of the organization and delivery of innovative meetings and events through effective project management, including collaboration with partners and other internal stakeholders as it relates to meeting content, planning, and logistics.
- Assist with site selection, request for proposal development, and contract negotiations.
- Coordination of pre and post event registration process. This includes organizing tracking and sharing event RSVP lists and updating post event attendee lists. Working with CVENT where applicable to manage online event registration websites and email communications.
- Coordination of meeting and event logistics, including food and beverage, audio visual, technology, transportation, and other related requirements.
- Assist in preparation and final production of an/all event specific materials including nametags and event giveaways, etc.
- Coordinate budget preparation and management, including preparation of cost estimates, managing meeting related expenses, and post event analysis and reporting.
- Serve in an onsite event production capacity for an/all needs related to onsite support including registration table staffing, coordination with on-site AV vendors, etc.
- Coordinate post production event recaps including the generation of final attendance numbers, cost summaries and other post event data and reports.
- Coordinate invoice processing and budget reconciliation.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning and a Bachelor’s Degree.
- CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) or CSEP (Certified Special Events Professional) designation is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required. Capable of working under pressure with a positive attitude and calm demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Outstanding project management skill, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines is required. Experienced with negotiating contracts, reducing potential liability and costs, and implementing contractual terms.
- Involvement with the hotel, hospitality, and travel industries through various associations, including the knowledge of meeting management, hotel operations, and travel programs.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.