About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The Senior PeopleSoft Developer position is responsible for developing, configuring, implementing and maintaining HR and payroll systems; troubleshooting and resolving production support issues quickly and summarizing and reporting the results; producing appropriate documentation and notifications for changes to production systems or fixes to production problems; responsible for creating unit and system testing scenarios and scripts, performing unit testing, assisting business teams in system and UAT testing, and documenting testing results; creating and running statistical reports as well as ad hoc requests for clients; other responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Makes detailed recommendations for approaches to development on new items or resolutions to issues.
- Demonstrates advanced data analysis and conversion skills.
- Ability to analyze, configure, design, develop, test and implement advanced solutions to meet business needs and objectives.
- Provides advanced Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Leads and/or directs small projects, following PMO processes.
- Discusses proposed solutions and options with business areas. Prepares reports outlining the proposed systems or resolutions.
- Collaboration with vendor(s) to apply patches and enhancements.
- Introduces solutions and enhancements to improve business processes and application functionality.
- Provides guidance and support to junior team members regarding the design, development and/or analysis needed to deliver appropriate solutions to meet business needs and objectives.
- Ensures that programs and projects are designed to support and implement the Firm’s goals and strategic objectives.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 or more years of experience working with HR and Payroll applications, including experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 for HCM, Payroll, Time and Labor, Absence Management, or Benefits Administration in a global environment.
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships.
- In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.
- Must have knowledge of PeopleCode, PeopleSoft Application Designer, and SQL. PeopleSoft upgrade or implementation project experience is recommended.
- PeopleSoft HCM v9.1 - v9.2
- PeopleTools 8.54 to 8.57
- PeopleCode / Application Packages
- XML Publisher
- In addition, the candidate must have the capability to learn and support other HR systems outside of PeopleSoft.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.