Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company, where our mission is to empower enterprises through intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering critical information in contracts. The Kira application is built upon our own proprietary, state-of-the-art machine learning technology. Our customers include some of the world's best law firms, professional service firms, and corporations who use Kira to quickly and accurately review and analyze contracts for due diligence, real estate and financial transactions, and many other purposes.
We're looking for a Senior Machine Learning Developer to implement production quality machine learning systems and work with the Research team to validate, create and maintain production ready models.
We make serious software, have fun doing it, and are always looking for talented people to join our team. We strive to constantly learn, question the crowd, push the boundaries of existing technology, and solve difficult problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop production ready and high performance machine learning code, as part of the Kira Development organization
- Work cross functionally with our Research team to assess and validate machine learning code
- Collaborate with our development team to ensure our system is highly performant, stable, and robust to failure
- Create and maintain official machine learning regression tests and tooling
What You Bring
- Masters Degree in Machine Learning or related field
- Demonstrated experience implementing machine learning algorithms, probabilistic techniques, and deep learning.
- Strong production experience in C/C++, Go or Python
- Familiarity with frameworks like TensorFlwo, Torch, Theano, Keras, Caffe(2), or CNTK. And key machine learning applications, such as image recognition or OCR.
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice and previous experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience with Linux and DevOps is a huge plus
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- It's early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- We are in the news! We recently received $50M USD Series A investment from Insight Venture Partners and have been named one of the 25 most sought-after startups in Canada in 2018.
- Lots of benefits and perks
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.