Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company. Our mission is to empower enterprises through intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering relevant information in contracts. The Kira application is built upon our own proprietary, state-of-the-art machine learning technology. Our customers include some of the world's best law firms, professional service firms, and corporations. They use Kira to quickly and accurately review and analyze contracts for due diligence, real estate and financial transactions, as well as contract management.
We make serious software, have fun doing it, and are always looking for talented people to join our team. We strive to constantly learn, question the crowd, push the boundaries of existing technology, and solve difficult problems.
Kira Systems is hiring Senior Developers to work in all places within our stack. Possibilities include working on Clojure web server, backend data processing services, and both our platform API and SDK. We use PostgreSQL to store our data and don't hide SQL behind big frameworks. We also use many other popular technologies such as RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, ElasticSearch, and Docker.
- Architecting, implementing, and testing features across our stack.
- Ensuring our system is highly performant, stable, and robust to failure.
- Working closely with our design team in our design driven development style. Help our designers dream up solutions to user problems that astonish and delight.
- Help improve your and other's code during code review.
- Demonstrated development experience with a functional language. Bonus if you already know Clojure.
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Testing methodologies.
- Java and the JVM.
- ReSTful API use, implementation, or design.
- Knowledge application security.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture
- It's early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- Lots of benefits and perks - you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
Meet us and figure out whether Kira Systems is a great place for you too.
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren't above doing anything (we're pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.