Kira Systems is looking for a computer scientist to join our research team. Research Scientists at Kira Systems work on applied problems in their domain area, which in this role focuses on document and language understanding tasks. In particular, they evaluate the performance published techniques on our problems, devise novel learning algorithms, patent and subsequently publish new techniques.
As an applied researcher you are expected to be able to implement prototypes and run experiments independently, and to subsequently work with development teams to produce production versions of successful methods.
- Investigate, design, and analyse machine learning based solutions to natural language understanding and document analysis problems.
- Patent and publish successful novel methods.
- Work with our design team to make our technology accessible to non-experts.
- Help the development team productize research code and solve scaling problems.
- Follow up the occasional "Mad Science" idea for feasibility.
Required Skills and Experience
- PhD in machine learning or related field.
- Publications in venues related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- Proficiency with C++ and Python, or other languages to prototype techniques.
- Experience working with natural languages.
- Experience with deep learning and associated frameworks.
- Familiar with modern database systems.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- It's early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- We are in the news! We recently received $50M USD Series A investment from Insight Venture Partners and have been named one of the 25 most sought-after startups in Canada in 2018.
- Lots of benefits and perks -- you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren't above doing anything (we're pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.