Kira Systems is hiring a Quality Engineering Intern to work as part of the technical team of our rapidly growing Software Development group for the summer term (May-August 2019).
A successful candidate has experience working with code and is passionate about testing within a dynamic software company. Our application has a clustered architecture using Clojure and ClojureScript, and deals with high volume workloads in unpredictable bursts. We need a talented Quality Engineer Intern who can help us expand our test coverage, especially in the regression and automation testing areas.
- Create, update, and execute test plans
- Document clear and reproducible defects using a defect management system
- Develop new and maintain existing functional automated test cases
- Plan and estimate efforts to perform tests over each release cycle
- Work closely with our Development, Design, Support, Systems teams, and other Kira stakeholders in ensuring our software is of the highest quality
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field Knowledge of Java, C, or C#
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fixed-cycle iterative methodologies.
- Experience with Test Management tools and Test Automation tools
- Understanding of QA process, test verification methodologies
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It's hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it's terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- It's early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- We are in the news! We recently received $50M USD Series A investment from Insight Venture Partners and have been named one of the 25 most sought-after startups in Canada in 2018.
- Lots of benefits and perks
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren't above doing anything (we're pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.