Machine learning and other AI technologies are rapidly remaking the way enterprises manage their data. Kira Systems, one of the fastest growing AI software companies in Toronto, uses sophisticated machine learning to help automate the review and analysis of contracts and other business documents. We strive to design solutions that our customers and users didn’t even know were possible.
As Kira Systems’ Head of Product Operations, your mission will be to equip our internal teams with the process, data and tools they need to ensure our product efforts are directed towards the greatest unmet needs of our users, and to deliver the best possible experience for them. You will manage the team that collects and organizes market data, competitive intelligence, user-submitted feedback from customers and prospects, as well as analytics on use and documentation on how the application functions. This is a leadership role within product management, reporting to the CPO.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team that produces our market and competitive intelligence, user and prospect feedback analysis, application usage analytics, and internal product documentation.
- Taking a “can do” and service-oriented attitude your team will:
- Collaborate with our marketing team to maintain data on our addressable markets.
- Develop and deliver market data analysis to support product development investment decisions, as well as channel partnerships and alliances
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence
- Own and manage the tools for collecting, organizing, triaging and prioritizing user-submitted feedback, so that data on feature requests is always available to internal teams
- Understand market requirements and customer feedback in collaboration with our Customer Success, Marketing and Sales teams
- Manage our application analytics program, ensuring it enables companywide decision-making grounded in how our users actually use our software
- Curate and keep up-to-date a knowledge base of product behaviour that equips teams with clear, accurate, up-to-date information on expected product behaviour
- Collaborate with our product managers and development team to ensure data-driven processes are in place in the development cycle.
- Collaborate with our UX Research and Design teams on user research projects.
- Collaborate with our partnerships and alliances manager on prioritization and scoping of technology integrations and service programs
- Identify gaps in process, data and tools that are impeding ability for the team to perform at their best.
- Identify and evangelize key metrics to support company decision making and effectively communicate results company wide
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for process, analytics, and good documentation
- Love for building great user-centered products
- Talent for coaching people to perform at their best
- Fundamentally collaborative mindset
- At least 3 years experience working with or within a product management organization, customer success, analytics, or customer experience team
- A history of successfully leading cross-functional teams through critical company projects
- A data-driven mindset, healthy skepticism, and critical eye
- Ability to influence decision-making through arguments supported by evidence
- A solid understanding of software development methodologies and a passion for process improvement
- For you, “agile” is a means, not an end.
Helpful (but not required) additional skills could include:
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Experience with best practices in analytics and feedback tools and processes.
- Strong quantitative mindset and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with data definitions and requirements, SQL.
- Familiarity with natural language processing, machine learning, and process automation.
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture
- It’s early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- Lots of benefits and perks - you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren’t above doing anything (we’re pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.