KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
- KIPP SoCal's School Success Team (SST) provides administrative support and services as well as oversight to our schools. Services include development, operations, marketing, finance, technology and academic support. The SST was founded in 2008 to facilitate KIPP's expansion in Los Angeles and to ensure the quality and sustainability of our schools. The mission of the SST is to broaden KIPP's impact in Southern California by providing the support and services necessary for our schools to achieve academic excellence and for our organization to maximize the number of students we serve.
- The Financial Analyst is responsible for the development and analysis of KIPP SoCal's financial information, including key areas of budgeting, financial planning and reporting. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
- Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to ensure the schools' and region's financial health. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Formulation of budgets and long-term forecasts, including revenue and expense forecasting, budget development, capital spending analysis, balance sheet analysis and planning in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
- Maintenance and modification of long-term financial model.
- Review and maintain rolling 12-month cash flow model on a monthly basis, including payroll review, coding reclassifications, end-of-year projections, and budget-to-actual comparisons.
- Perform analyses, as required, on various financial and operational issues such as: evaluation of third-party versus in-house service provisions; vendor and contract comparisons; and measures of operational effectiveness, and then using these analyses to recommend potential cost savings measures.
- Develop effective tools for the Management Team, Finance Committee and Board to use to monitor, assess, and evaluate the financial performance and structure of KIPP SoCal Public Schools.
- Day-to-day Financial Operations for the SST and the schools with responsibility in the areas of budgeting, performance assessment, and reporting. These areas include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of timely monthly financial statements and updating budget trackers.
- Preparation of timely and relevant management reports that provide insights into the organization's performance against its financial plans and related financial health.
- Collaboration with internal and external teams for financial reporting and other requirements.
- Collaborate with Development, Operations, and Real Estate teams to develop budgets and projections for all public and private funding.
- Educate and support School Leaders and their teams to prepare annual budgets and manage school-based expenses.
- Serve as a valued thought partner to others in the organization, including the CFO, Director of Finance, School Business Operations Managers, and School Leaders.
- Contribute to increasing the financial literacy and business acumen of the organization.Participate in monthly school-based meetings with School Leaders, School Business Operations Managers, and Regional personnel to discuss and analyze expenditures, and modify projections.
- BA or BS from an accredited institution,
- Strong understanding of and experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to extract insights from data and answer the question before it is asked.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Detail- and results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done accurately and on a timely basis and who has a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Tenacity and a willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve KIPP SoCal's vision.
- Respect for team members and the communities KIPP SoCal serves.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP SoCal's mission.
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous paid time off program includes 22 holidays, 10 sick days and 10 vacation days per year
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan