Who We Are
We founded Kinzoo in late-2017 to provide digital experiences that parents love as much as their kids. Kinzoo is drivenby our mission to create secure spaces for kids and their families to stay close — no matter where they are. We are building an app to empower kids to freely express themselves with those that matter most in their lives, without compromising on safety.
What We're Looking For: Business Development Lead | Content
You are responsible for identifying rising business opportunities in the kids digital media sector and building long-term relationships with external partners. This role involves acting as a brand ambassador for Kinzoo, having a deep understanding of our current and potential capabilities, and driving greater user engagement with Kinzoo's product.
What We Stand For
- Passion - for our Vision, Mission, and Purpose
- Objectivity - data and feedback is our friend
- Open-mindedness - no ego; many options over one solution
- Persistence - consistent follow through to long-term goals
How We Operate
- We are entrepreneurial, creative and independent.
- We are energized by solving customer problems.
- We don't settle for the status quo and push for the best in all we do.
- We are open and vocal. We embrace and debate new ideas.
- We believe in personal growth and development. Learning never stops.
You will make an impact by:
- Proactively identifying high-potential content partners that align with our vision and values
- Effectively communicating our vision, mission and purpose to open or further conversations
- Collaborate with leaders in our space to identify and evaluate opportunities
- Building creative proposals that benefit both sides through monetization and product/brand awareness
- Negotiating, structuring, and closing partnership contracts that deliver against Kinzoo's mission
- Building long-lasting relationships with our partners and continuing to look for ways to better serve our users
- Collaborating with Kinzoo's product team to create technical solutions that increase business value for partners
Our Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of the current marketing landscape and an aptitude and willingness to develop expertise
- Relevant experience, including partner prospecting and relationship management
- A proven track record of bringing new brands or products to market with success
- Experience partnering with 'Best-In-Class' brands on an International scale
- Exceptionally polished and refined oral and written communication, and effective at creating and delivering presentations.
- Unparalleled client relationship building skills
- Bonus: Experience in Social Media and start-up environments
- As passionate about our business as we are!
- High energy and self-motivated
- A consummate professional with an entrepreneurial edge
- A Connector - you cultivate relationships and are constantly looking for ways to exchange ideas through a variety of vehicles (speaking, writing, networking)
- Someone who excels when collaborating with internal teams and external partners
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
Why Work at Kinzoo?
Kinzoo is focused on building partnerships with brands as well as leaders in technology, digital marketing, content, education, research, charity and philanthropy. We are thinking big (very big) and surrounding ourselves with as much talent as possible to join us on our journey. Kinzoo is an early-stage startup and you get to help shape our future. At Kinzoo, we think taking on big challenges should also be fun. Being part of our team includes flexible work arrangements, a collaborative office space in the heart of Gastown, and regular huddles to discuss our passions over snacks and beverages.
If you're inspired by our mission and have what it takes to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you! Please introduce yourself and send your resume. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role and priority will be given to local applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- business development: 5 years (Preferred)