This position is located in North Liberty, IA. Relocation assistance will be offered to the right candidate.
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Kinze Manufacturing is actively seeking a Sr. User Interface- Software Engineer with the ability to design and implement software interfaces for innovative electrical equipment and systems. The candidate will ensure safe and industry engineering codes, coding standards, practices and design guides are in place. The customer needs will be communicated through Management Requirements Documents, customer service issues, manufacturing issues, cost control and general requests by Senior Leadership. The position is located out of North Liberty, IA.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health insurance
- 401k match program
- Design, build and test User Interfaces for software development.
- Is concerned with the mechanics, operability and reliability of the UI.
- Recommending, researching and implementing integration solutions in accordance with the UI function.
- Has an understating of the back-end of software, how it works, and what it needed.
- Plans the architecture of the User Interface.
- To define and build the foundations of the front-end client-facing tool.
- User and task analysis:
- What would the user want the system to do?
- How would the system fit in with the user's daily activities?
- How technically savvy is the user?
- What similar systems does the user already use?
- What interface look & feel styles appeal to the user?
- Work with cross-functional engineering team including mechanical, controls, software, and quality and program management.
- Provides engineering expertise and guidance for equipment modifications, repairs or upgrades.
- Collaborate with product teams on the design analysis, simulation, field tests, certification/compliance tests for components sub-systems and systems.
- Develop and validate information needed for engineering analysis, including root cause analysis, and applies engineering judgment to solve complex technical problems.
- Effectively work on challenging fast-paced projects in both independent and team environments
- Recommend system improvements, develop economic project proposals for improvements and provide project support execution of improvements.
- Conduct project meetings such as technical design and style reviews with key stakeholders.
- Often includes working with suppliers in initial qualification testing and with customers in the field.
- Estimates project work content and assists in the creation of development schedules.
- Contribute to a professional leadership environment; one that promotes and upholds company values and business-critical objectives
- Bachelor's degree with a field of study in Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience: User Interface - Software Engineer.
- Proficiency in Software Development IDEs such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, and knowledge of Linux is preferred.
- Working knowledge and exposure to embedded hardware and software with demonstrated skills and knowledge in electronic hardware design, validation, & manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to break complex opportunities/issues/obstacles down into executable action items.
- 5+ years of experience in Android Development Java
- Must have experience in and be willing to do coding/Software Development (75% of the position)
- Ties to the Midwest (preferred)
- Iowa Computer Engineering Degree (preferred)
Indeed Hire and Kinze Manufacturing are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- User Interface - Software Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- Android Development Java: 5 years (Required)
- IOS: 3 years (Preferred)
- Coding/SW Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Linux: 3 years (Preferred)