Manage the Surface Logistics Departments within Western Canada by supervising staff to ensure excellent customer service is being provided to current and future customers, with regards to cross border road transportation to and from Canada, USA and Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide an escalation place of contact for Surface Logistic customer inquiries, concerns and complaints pertaining to Western Canada.
- Responsible for the smooth movement of assigned shipments including; booking cost effective trailers, tracking the shipment, updating the “In Transit” shipments, closing and rating the shipments daily.
- Ensure accurate shipments by labeling freight that crosses through warehouse and completing custom paperwork for assigned customers.
- Provide spot quotes for assigned customers and sales department as necessary and assist with new projects to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist department employees in the generation of various weekly and monthly reports, including month end billing if necessary.
- Supervise department employees through the planning and scheduling of work at a high level. Assist with the selection, training, development and appraisal of personnel.
- Provide back up support for department staff during busy periods, vacations and unexpected employee absences.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activates to management and/or human resources.
- Perform all other job-related duties as required by the Senior VP.
- Formal Academic training in a related field of study from a two-year college or technical school and 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Domestic Travel required including overnight (up to 50%)