Kintetsu World Express Inc.(KWE) began freight forwarding operations in 1948. Since then, KWE has grown into a worldwide logistics and forwarding network spanning six continents. IATA statistics consistently rank KWE as a Top 10 International Airfreight Forwarder. KWE Canada provides comprehensive one-stop logistic solutions that incorporate airfreight, sea freight, customs brokerage, ground transportation and a full-range of 3PL/4PL services and is looking for a talented EDI Programmer Analyst to help KWE Inc. grow & meet their goals. The EDI Programmer Analyst will be working with the New York corporate office and working under the direction of the IT Manager, at the Mississauga, ON location. This position is a long term contract with full time hours and benefits after six months.
If the prospect of joining a dynamic and successful team excites you, and you have the qualifications, drive, and determination to excel in this role, then we would like to hear from you!!!
- Provide technical leadership on new and existing application initiatives related to EDI.
- Primary support for all EDI related needs and inquiries.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the EDI system, including new transactions as needed.
- Analyze and code back-end systems integrations processes.
- Identify potential EDI process efficiency improvements and implement changes.
- Work with both internal business users and external customers.
- University degree and minimum of three years' experience with EDI systems, or DEC plus minimum 5 years' experience with EDI systems.- Proficient in MS-SQL. Or other applications
- Familiar with web service technology.
- Previous and proven experience documenting EDI processes.
- Knowledge of various EDI message formats is a must(EDIFACT, Flat Files, XML, Etc.)
- Knowledge of various EDI transmission mechanisms a must (VAN, FTP, End-to End versus Point-to-Point.)
- Good communication skills
Kintetsu World Express Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or contact us with the "Help" button in the application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.