Kingstone is seeking a highly-motivated, highly analytic individual to leverage internal and external data to produce multivariate analysis and present solutions that focus on improving business quality and overall profitability of Kingstone's personal lines products. This is a great opportunity for growth & professional advancement within our rapidly-growing insurance organization.
- Position will be in our Kingston or Valley Stream NY office
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Established in 1886 and still growing
- We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service, and make insurance interesting!
- Automate / maintain ongoing reports for management to better understand production and loss results for new and existing products in New Jersey and other Northeastern states, including growth analysis, profitability analysis, coverage analysis, claims analysis, and distribution analysis
- Research competitor products and perform in-depth market pricing analysis using internal and external data
- Perform high level underwriting review (discounts, inspections, etc.) to help management to better understand the quality of the business
- Provide ad hoc data and analytic support for Marketing Directors
- Act as key liaison between business development and DataWarehouse team in the development of system functionality to support expansion of products
- Support testing and validation of system changes
- Extract and analyze data from 3rd party vendors to help management to improve overall profitability
- Assist in developing underwriting dashboard to support and monitor underwriting process on an ongoing basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. SQL experience preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets and creating visually appealing summary exhibits
- Driven and motivated individual, seeking to exceed goals in a timely and accurate manner
- Strong team player, with initiative and ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong work ethic, innovative, creative, intuitive, professional, responsive, proactive, honest, efficient, communicative, tactfully-aggressive
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly analytic and detail-oriented
Education and Experience
- 1 to 2 years relevant Property & Casualty insurance experience required
- Intermediate knowledge of the Property insurance industry and products required
- Intermediate knowledge of high-end Property & Casualty insurance personal lines and coastal insurance markets required
- Intermediate knowledge of product pricing, rating plans, and regulatory requirements required
- Minimum of a Four year college degree required
- MBA and continued insurance education and/or other insurance designations preferred
Send resume for consideration. Please DO NOT APPLY unless you meet our qualifications for education, experience, and skill sets.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property & Casualty insurance: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off