The Kingston Frontenac Public Library has an opening for the position of Maintenance Helper – part-time, temporary (2-year term), unionized. The hours of work for this position include daytime, evening and Saturday shifts - 20 hours / week.
Wages: $14.97 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay and 14% in lieu of benefits)
Working under the direction of permanent Maintenance staff, the Maintenance Helper will provide assistance with the following duties:
- Perform routine maintenance of library buildings and equipment.
- Clean, maintain and make minor repairs to the buildings, furniture, and other equipment including painting and minor carpentry.
- Clean washrooms and replenish supplies. Perform grounds maintenance, including lawn care and snow removal.
- Perform preventative maintenance on building, furniture, and other equipment. Monitor operations and when problems arise, follow procedures manual.
- Perform all duties in conformity with all applicable Health and Safety regulations.
- Prepare garbage for collection and recyclables for pickup.
- Set up rooms for meetings.
- Perform routine delivery services and process and route incoming parcels.
- Open, close and secure buildings.
- Respond to emergency situations as laid down in the procedures manual.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education with training useful in maintenance work.
- Must have valid Class G driver’s license in good standing, and a safe driving record.
- Good public relation skills, oral and written communication skills, patience and tact.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including the ability to lift moderately heavy loads on a daily basis.
- Shift work, evenings and Saturdays may be required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter before 4:30 PM, Friday, May 31, 2019 to:
Amy Rundle, Administrative Assistant
Kingston Frontenac Public Library
130 Johnson Street, Kingston ON K7L 1X8
Pursuant to AODA requirements, accommodations for disabilities are available to job applicants who are invited to participate in an interview and who request individual accommodation during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate, to whom an employment offer has been made, shall be required at his or her own expense, to provide the following documents as a condition of employment:
- a current CRC (Criminal Record Check), including vulnerable sector
- a current 3-year uncertified Driver Record
Thank you for your interest in the Kingston Frontenac Public Library. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Visit us at www.kfpl.ca