Kingsdown has been a brand which has sustained success across the world since 1904. A leading manufacturing company, we have expanded our manufacturing and distribution footprint in the U.S. and around the world but our commitment to handcrafted quality has never wavered. In Canada, the business continues to grow, and we are seeking an Inventory Manager to be an integral part of our growth and success.
The Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and reporting on the company's day to day operations of the plant. This role will be expected to ensure that plant efficiency levels are adequate, product gets to its destination on time and that there are no shortages. The successful candidate will have skills and expertise in inventory control, quality control, planning and production.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the plant
- Organizing and coordinating plant maintenance work
- Participates in the development of defined production operations targets
- Ensuring team leads have the right people and equipment for their departments
- Train and supervise other members of staff
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of plant staff and key operational personnel in a safe and efficient manner
- Maximize daily production (up-time), increase productivity, minimize residuals, audit inbound and outbound materials, and produce commodities of quality levels acceptable to buyers
- Lead and direct a workforce of hourly and salaried employees through a management team and manage the supply base while minimizing inventory
- Be proactive in taking measures, offering suggestions and corrective actions to maximize throughput
- Work closely with Operations departments including quality and supply chain to ensure products meet quality standards and inventory levels/product flow is maintained
- Perform annual evaluations of your direct reports
*Working hours are Monday- Friday 7am to 4:30pm, although there may be an expectation to work longer hours when the need arises (ex. Inventory counts or cycle counts, weekends during busy periods).
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a plant supervisory or assistant plant manager role in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong understanding of safety responsibilities in the workplace
- Demonstrated experience in production planning, logistics and equipment maintenance
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain staffing levels at an appropriate level to minimize costs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of supply chain procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Sage 300 considered an asset
- Ability and willingness to work shift work (day and evening), weekends, and holidays
Skills & Competencies
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop business relationships to ensure timelines are met
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to create reports and conduct cost analyses
- Able to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- Able to make important decisions and cope with tight deadlines
- A confident and mature approach
Interested candidates must submit a resume with cover letter in application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kingsdown Canada is committed to providing an accessible workspace. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please notify us.
Job Type: Full-time
- Plant Management: 3 years (Preferred)