Kingsbrook is looking for a Director of Environmental Services (Housekeeping) to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Environmental Services Departments while ensuring effective and efficient services which maintain appropriate quality standards.
The Director of Environmental Services (Housekeeping) will be responsible for the following:
- Direct the management of Environmental Services within the Medical Center to maintain the highest possible standards
- Direct Environmental Service operations; analyze needs and plan schedules and programs ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, supplies and equipment for subsequent performance of duties to maintain appropriate quality standards. Recommend and implement solutions for operational problems in work schedules, non-routine service, personnel utilization and non-scheduled jobs.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures for the Medical Center's Environmental Service operations; plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees abreast of current standards and procedures.
- Develop and implement an on-going Environmental inspection program; Environmental Service standards are maintained; take corrective action as appropriate.
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning cleaning products and equipment under study.
- Prepare periodic reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Manage various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Plan and organize training programs for all segments of Environmental Services; ensure employees are properly trained in skills necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Determine fiscal requirements; prepare budgetary recommendations, and monitor and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds. Maintain close contact with appropriate personnel in the leadership of the labor union that represents Environmental Services; resolve issues relating to union contract.
- Establish and maintain communication with representatives from the various departments to ensure Environmental Services are being performed to meet departmental needs.
- Knowledge of Local, State, Federal regulatory agency requirements including JCAHO.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of Environmental Services employees.
- Manage and coordinate patient transport services for patient and visitors requesting assistance during admission and discharge from designated units of KJMC.
- Determine appropriate distribution of work assignments and adequate personnel to ensure escort services are provided to patient in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor lobbies for physical condition to ensure that appropriate environment is maintained for patients and visitors.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and furniture and monitor mechanical and physical condition; make recommendations for replacements, alterations and/or repairs as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication between patients and escort personnel; respond to patient's needs, requests and concerns as appropriate; communicate directly with department heads or key personnel regarding specific problems or adverse trends to ensure quality of services.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: 5 to 7 years of experieince required working in a health care facility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Director: 5 years (Preferred)