- A bachelor's degree in education from an accredited post-secondary institution, or an acceptable equivalent, OCT certified
- A background in Music/Art.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the integrated curriculum approach to learning.
- Computer literacy. Proficiency is needed in word processing, spreadsheet, emailing, internet use, presentation software.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required for interview.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission, purpose and vision of Kingdom Covenant Academy.
Position: Elementary Teacher (Grade 3/4/5)
Type of Position: Full Time by annual 10-month contract (amended to start date)
Reports to: Designated Principal
Supervises: KCA students
Primary Objective: The qualified individual must be a Christian committed to living a Biblical lifestyle. He/she is expected to demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing his or her day-to-day duties. He/she must be devoted to prayerfully work with administration, faculty, students and parents to develop and maintain the school's mission to provide an exemplary education and enduring values rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behaviour needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students' progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate principal to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with provincial testing program (EQAO).
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees, parent council groups and the sponsorship of extra-curricular student activities.
- Integrating a Christian worldview through the use of Biblical principles in all interactions. Reflects the love and caring of Christ in dealings with students, staff and parents. Proactively uses peace-making principles in helping others deal with conflict. Upholds a strong philosophy of Christian Education throughout the curriculum.
- Modeling a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ. Demonstrates evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord and individual study of scripture.
- Adhering to the principles of the school's statement of faith (available at www.kingdomcovenantacademy.ca).
Only OCT certified teachers need apply. The top 5 candidates will be contacted for interview.
Job Type: Contract