King Show Games, a video game development company, is currently interviewing qualified applicants who are passionate about and interested in pursuing a career in video game development. We are looking for people who are innovative, talented, creative, and passionate about the gaming industry. If you're a self-motivated team player who is able to multi-task and can handle the following responsibilities, we look forward to hearing from you!
Work collaboratively with our Engineering Team to help us build a new technology stack to support a best in class social casino across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet). Applicants should be keen to solve problems, optimize performance, and improve reliability in all aspects of our technology stack and processes.
- All aspects of back-end server programming systems including design and analysis, coding, testing, debugging, deployment and maintenance
- Interact with and program relational and NoSQL database systems
- Develop efficient code and scalable database structures in order to support high server request volumes
- Develop and maintain continuous integration build pipelines to bridge the gap between code and final deployment
- Gather scope and objectives from design and client requirements
- Research new technology where necessary to meet business needs
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education / experience
- At least 2 years' experience developing back-end server systems
- Experience developing in Scala and/or Java (Scala preferred)
- Experience working with MongoDB and/or MySQL (Mongo preferred)
- Basic knowledge of and experience working with Linux based systems
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communications skills, and a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to work in a customer oriented, very fast-paced, and demanding environment.
- Ability to bring projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to meet or exceed set project milestones and deadlines, which will entail extra work time as needed (work hours beyond a normal work week).
- Experience working with Play Framework, AKKA
- Experience with AWS, Git, Docker, Jenkins, Angular.js
- Experience working in social gaming environment for mobile and desktop
- Shipped at least 1 or more games on mobile and / or Facebook
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. Team members may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities other than those stated above.
About King Show Games
Founded in 1998, King Show Games is a Minnesota based company providing entertaining video games that are played around the world. Our growing company consists of talented artists, engineers, mathematicians and producers that have created over 200 games. Our Company Belief consists of 4 principals:
- THINK BIG - Think outside the box; strive to be successful.
- BE FRANK - Be open and sincere in your dealings with others; be forthright.
- FIGHT HARD - Believe in your ideas; speak up for your convictions.
- After the call, MOVE AS A TEAM!
King Show Games offers competitive salaries and a full range of comprehensive benefits including a bonus plan, medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance.
King Show Games is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates only apply. Recruiters please don't contact King Show Games.
Local candidates only apply.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact King Show Games about other services, products or commercial interests.
Job Type: Full-time
- back-end development: 2 years (Required)
- Scala: 1 year (Preferred)
- MySQL: 1 year (Required)
- Java: 1 year (Required)