The E-commerce Post-Click Manager is responsible for our consumers’ experience after the consumer makes a purchase and for all aspects of the e-commerce system that impact consumer experience following the purchase. This person will have oversight of our e-commerce logistics system and day-to-day management, leadership, development of training tools and actual training of our 3pl fulfillment center. They will also manage inventory reporting to the E-commerce General Manager (GM) as well as making decisions on inventory reordering and building and maintaining relationships with your vendor partners. The person will be the primary interface with our consumers when contact is necessary and will need to resolve any issues. The Post-Click Manager will collaborate internally with the Pre-Click Manager, and with members of New Ventures and New Product Innovation teams. It will also require close external leadership, collaboration and supervision of our e-commerce distribution partners and suppliers such as packing, shipping, etc. The position has seven primary areas of responsibility:
1. Review and ensure all consumer orders, charges and credits are correct in the system.
2. Proactively engage with consumers to avoid order issues and create delight, answer questions and resolve problems in a timely manner.
3. Management and leadership of the Fulfillment Center to include:
- o Establishing trust and collaboration with key players there at a variety of levels including officers of the corporation.
- o Decide on when to make multiple annual trips to the center to train new personnel in our Standard Operating Procedures and to collaborate with them on storage and work area layout and work procedures.
- o Design the training programs.
- o Monitor efficiencies at the center looking for opportunities and cost issues and work with the center’s leadership to correct issues and realize opportunities.
- o Communicate forecasts and inbound product and supplies to ensure the fulfillment center is well prepared with adequate space in each of four areas: dry goods, refrigerated, frozen inventory storage and work space.
- o Collaborate with Fulfillment Center to develop work plans driven by estimates of order volume per day, new products, order packing procedures, promotions and pre-work for heavy volume periods.
- o Conduct routine inventory reconciliations and troubleshoot discrepancies.
- o Review billings for accuracy and cost improvements before authorizing for payment.
- o Recommend changes for improvements in fulfillment quality and cost efficiencies.
- o Conduct ship tests, establish and maintain database of Standard Operating Procedures for each product to ensure each will be delivered in good condition to consumers.
- o Recommend and monitor operations metrics for cost and compliance.
- o Ensure that, when consumers open orders, there is a “visual and real wow” in the package.
- o Manage the logistics of shipping orders from fulfillment to delivery to consumers.
- o Monitor shipments to consumers for quality and timely delivery.
4. Proactive product and supplies inventory forecasting, ordering, management and reporting
- o Forecast product and supply needs and order product to stay in stock, balancing optimal order quantities, storage and warehouse receiving labor considerations.
- o Monitor products delivered to fulfillment to ensure accuracy of orders, quality of product received and proper rotation. Troubleshoot discrepancies with appropriate counterparts.
- o Maintain accurate inventory and lot code records.
- o Order supplies and products produced internally as well as those from third parties.
5. Recommend budgets; verify and process invoices; and maintain inventory, fulfillment and shipment expenses within budget.
6. Collaboratively, constantly communicate with Pre-Click Manager, New Ventures, New Product Innovation and others to ensure that the consumer experience is a wow.
King’s Hawaiian’s e-commerce platform was developed for two purposes: to enable more robust, useful and insightful data on King’s Hawaiian’s consumers attitude and usage on new products and to be a place that enabled brand ambassadorship among our consumers through activities such as sharing and gift giving.
The right person for this position will:
- Be able to communicate with our consumers with aloha.
- Be an excellent thinker and be able to articulate complexity in simple, clear terms to our consumers and logistics center.
- Have the ability to figure things out from ambiguity to developing sharp, clear plans.
- Be very adaptable. Much of what will be “tried” won’t work so this manager will need to be able to quickly pivot to a different strategy or tactic.
- Has high Emotional Intelligence (EI). The need for rapid change, adaption, work with outside vendors/suppliers and cross functional work will create a potentially conflict rich environment requiring high EI.
- Enjoy, be comfortable with and can quickly learn in the areas of technology and data.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and enthusiastically work in the fulfillment center from time to time to gain a deeper understanding of work flow and relationships. This would potentially involve standing on feet and physical labor for long stretches of time, although that would not be a frequent occurrence.
- Ability to self-manage without moment by moment supervision and to confidently work across similar levels and with folks of various levels and functions, including our CEO and President and our fulfillment center’s personnel.
- Have excellent time management and planning skills to stay on top of communications with Fulfillment Center and consumers outside of normal work hours while maintaining regular presence in office for collaboration.
- 2 - 5 years experience managing online store warehouse, inventory replenishment and consumer contact for online store preferred
- Experience with a Magento or Shopify ecommerce platform a plus
- Very experienced using Excel.
- Forecasting software experience a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Strong critical thinking and ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Team player, consistent, persistent and resilient
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Proficient in E-commerce Order Management System (OMS),
- Proficient in fulfillment and logistics systems.
Skills necessary to have or to be able to very quickly acquire: