King's Energy Services is currently seeking an individual to fill the challenging role of a Business Development Sales Representative. This position will work with our Cambridge location.
King's Energy Services Ltd. (formerly GL Stebbins, a division of) has a deep history of providing quality control, regulator, measurement, & valve products to Southern Ontario and Eastern Canada since 1966. We offer competitive wages, a voluntary RRSP plan, extended health and dental benefits, personal days, a physical fitness rebate program,and an excellent work environment with the opportunity for advancement.
The Business Development Sales Representative is an outside sales position and will be responsible for territory development and sales, support, and technical knowledge of all products and services provided by Kings Energy Services as well as promoting and selling the product line which is manufactured and/or distributed by company. The Sales Representative will also be responsible for continued sales support to End Users OEMs, Supply Stores, Wholesalers, Service Centers and all other companies which may have applications for the services and product line manufactured King's Energy Services within the Southwestern Ontario region.
- Take direction and fulfill responsibilities from the VP Business Development
- Perform direct sales of Kings Energy Services' products and services.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Prepare and complete action plans
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends, and determine regional sales system improvements.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling, building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, assisting with an annual sales budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends and tracking competitors.
- Maintain and submit expense reports
- Communicate sales objectives, opportunities, and results to Senior Management.
- Communicate incoming projects and planned timelines to management and shop personnel
- Attend weekly sales meetings in a prepared manner ready to discuss current or potential upcoming quotes, projects, sales, etc.
Skills Training and Competencies:
- A sound knowledge of valve and instrumentation product is essential, as well as a solid general knowledge of other products, services and applications.
- Demonstrated motivation to meet sales goals.
- Possess solid skills in territory, performance and profitability management.
- Display strong presentation, sales planning and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including cold calling, attending trade shows, Lunch & Learns, and other social functions and activities with clients outside of the workplace.
- Strong computer skills: MS office suite proficient.
- Ability to work both as a positive contributing member within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to facilitate quote requests and follow-up service calls/visits with customers.
- Possess strong problem solving and organizational skills.
Minimum Educationaland ExperienceRequirements:
- Post-Secondary education/ Trade certificate would be beneficial but not a requirement
- High School or GED Equivalent
- A background of valve and instrumentation products is a definite asset.
- Clean driving record.
- Travel and time away from home may be required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Business Development: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)