Join our team! The Procurement and Payables Section of the Finance and Business Operations Division is looking for a Travel & Expense Specialist who will work as a Fiscal Specialist III in Accounts Payable. We are looking for a detailed oriented candidate who has expertise in expense report and/or employee reimbursement processing, a team player, can work independent and enjoys finding solutions. This position is responsible for providing great customer support to internal employees that request or approve reimbursements or payments. The work hours for this position starts between 6AM and 7AM.
This position is a Term-Limited Temporary / Special Duty Opportunity - (if internal King County Employee) and is anticipated to last until December 31, 2019 (with possibility of extension).
Our mission is to provide timely, efficient and accurate accounting, procurement, treasury, payroll, benefits and small business services. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division's core values of: Respect, Teamwork, Results and Innovation.
Scope of Job Duties - The successful candidates for this position, at a minimum, will demonstrate the skill and ability to:
Competitive Candidates will have:
- Review and audit of all King County employee expense reports, reimbursements requests, petty cash and imprest funds according to King County policy, and state and federal regulations
- Review expense batches for updates, corrections, pay site changes, application of refunds and interest payments
- Identification and resolution of Travel and Expense payment issues
- Creation and distribution of affidavits for duplicate warrant issues
- Identify and resolve invoices that have issues that delay processing, such as incorrect tax rate, freight discrepancies, missing purchase order numbers, etc. Also, review supplier statements for open items to ensure outstanding invoices are paid.Identify and resolve invoices that have issues that prevent processing, such as incorrect tax rate, freight discrepancies, missing purchase order numbers, etc.
- Coordinate review of hold report and supplier statements for open items to ensure outstanding invoices are paid
- Identify and resolve invoices that have issues that delay processing, such as incorrect tax rate, freight discrepancies, missing purchase order numbers, etc. Also, review supplier statements for open items to ensure outstanding invoices are paid.Verify with King County departments, whether or not a payment should be reissued
- Provide excellent customer service to internal & external customers
- Provide backup support to other accounts payable functions
- At least 3 years full-time office experience in accounting and/or finance with experience in Accounts Payable Travel and Expense reporting and reconciliation
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills that includes listening, verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply customer service skills and techniques, including responsiveness to customers, maintaining professionalism especially in stressful confidential circumstances, and following through with customers to ensure needs are met in compliance with King County policy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain regular, reliable and timely attendance
- Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the application with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the work
Are you ready to apply?
The Application Process:
- Advanced end-user knowledge of financial information systems, especially Oracle EBS version 12
- Experience with LEAN processes and principles
- Full charge bookkeeping or accounting experience with emphasis in Accounts Payable electronic invoice processing, using purchase order three-way match techniques for payment verification
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates
. Applicants from this recruitment may be used to fill future opportunities in this job classification.
A completed King County Application is required
. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
Other Position Information:
This position is overtime-eligible. Our employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; Monday through Friday. This position is represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 117, Professional and Technical Employees.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Callahan
, HR Analyst by e-mail at Liz.Callahan@kingcounty.gov.