The Solid Waste Division (SWD) of King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks is looking for a Fiscal Specialist II to be part of the Accounts Payable team in their Enterprise Services Section. This is a Term Limited Temporary (TLT) Position and is expected to continue until the end of the year 2020 unless extended. This position is also available to eligible King County employees as a special duty (SD) opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have excellent Time Management skills, Communication skills, Technical Learning skills and will be committed to continued learning and Self-Development. The person in this position is primarily responsible for activities related to the payment of goods and services in the Operations Section of the Solid Waste Division. The responsibilities include reviewing/processing procurement card transactions and invoices in the King County Oracle EBS financial system; tracking financial data on Excel spreadsheets; reconciling payment documents; working with vendors and SWD staff to answer questions and resolve issues; and other special projects and duties as assigned.
Who May Apply:
This position is open to all qualified applicants. King County and the Solid Waste Division values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Forms and Materials Required:
Applicants must submit a King County Application, and letter of interest. The letter of interest should detail your background and describe how your education and experience meets the qualifications and has prepared you to perform the essential functions of the job.
King Street Center - 201 South Jackson Street, Suite 701
This full time TLT/SD position works a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend work as required. This position is overtime eligible.
Division and Section profile:
The Solid Waste Division provides garbage transfer, disposal and recycling services for residents and businesses in King County. Enterprise Services Section staff provides a variety of project, contract and financial management and support services for the Division which include management of capital projects, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract oversight, development and monitoring of operating and capital budget, and internal audit.
Examples of Job Duties:
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Review and process procurement card transactions and invoices; enter into Oracle EBS system
- Create or update Excel spreadsheets and run Oracle reports to support payment processing.
- Reconcile invoices and statements to tickets/receipts and other back-up documentation.
- Contact vendors for information needed to process procurement card transactions or invoices.
- Assist and resolve p-card and invoice issues with other Solid Waste Division and King County staff.
- Distribute and log Incoming mail.
- Maintain and update desk manual for FS II functions.
- Participate and contribute to unit meetings and other division initiatives.
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
The Most Competitive Candidate Will Have:
- Work experience in accounts payable or related accounting fields that clearly demonstrates the ability and skill to perform the scope of job duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and resolve accounts payable issues.
- Strong time management skills including demonstrated skills to prioritize a heavy workload, and ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, be open to change and adjust to changes in work load demands.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently or work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication and active listening skills.
- Commitment and skills in working towards continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrated skills in acting with customers in mind and ability to communicate with customers using discretion, patience, etiquette, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, code, and maintain data sources; verify and resolve discrepancies and balances due.
- Demonstrated competency using MS Excel and Outlook with the ability to develop spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to track and follow through with work assignments; and ensure completion and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions and research, gather, and compile technical information from a variety of sources.
- Experience with an automated accounts payable or accounting system; preferably Oracle EBS.
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience working for a large governmental agency.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff.
This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117.