Position: Human Factors Engineer
Location: Toronto, ON
Join Kinectrics as a Human Factors Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of work experience in the application of Human Factors within the nuclear industry or other high-hazard industry areas and will have knowledge and experience in the area of human-system interface design.
In addition, you will be the type of person who displays strong leadership skills and is recognized by your peers and clients as a sound, practical, innovative, and helpful individual. You will pride yourself in your ability to provide value-added solutions and to consistently deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget. You must be able to visit client sites mainly within Ontario, both for short and longer-term assignments.
To deliver human factors expertise to power generation utilities and other customers. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Development, review, and implementation of Human Factors Engineering Program Plans (HFEPPs) per CNSC G-276 and CSA N290.12-14.
- Development, review, and implementation of verification and validation plans per CNSC G-278
- Experience in the application of industry Human Factors Guidelines (e.g. NUREG-0711, NUREG-0700)
- Task analysis
- Function analysis
- Training needs analysis/ the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT)
- Usability testing
- Human-system interface design
- Root cause analysis
- Workload analysis
- Probabilistic Risk Assessment & Human Reliability Analysis
- Safety management Selection Criteria
- Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering or Science (with industrial engineering, systems engineering, or human factors in design)
- Human Factors certification from a recognized body (e.g. BCPE, ACE), or able to attain the designation
- Registered as a Professional Engineer, or able to attain the designation
- 3-5 years' experience in the application of human factors methods to nuclear industry or another high-hazard industry
- An understanding of CANDU nuclear power plant design, operation, and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management methodologies and tools
- Strong interpersonal communications skills applicable internally with project team members as well as externally with project partners, clients and internal team members
- Ensures accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with quality program.
- Self-motivated and a desire to achieve results with well developed initiative and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn
- Proven skills with a variety of software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Marketing skills, including the capability to write and present technical papers at conferences
- OPG and Bruce Power Security Clearance is an asset
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites
To apply for this position, the submission of your resume and cover letter on our website, www.kinectrics.com, is required. The Req ID for this position is 1183.
Kinectrics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent