The Digital Product Manager (DPM) will report to the Director, Digital Banking and will lead and oversee the development of a new online originations products, from their inception to launch. Leveraging market and current system data, the DPM will also manage existing products, and identify ways to enhance those products based on internal and external stakeholder perception.
The digital product manager acts as a mediator between external and internal stakeholders and the technical teams that build and maintain digital products. The DPM will be responsible for communicating consumer needs and translating those needs into new product features for the team to design, lead a variety of digital enhancement initiatives, assist with developing product requirements, product launches, user acceptance testing, development and tracking of product usage reports and tracking and reporting of product issues and enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Digital Product Manager “DPM” will lead the design and deployment of new features for our digital channels and platforms. The DPM will work closely with developers, QA engineers, product managers, and internal stakeholders to develop creative solutions to address our internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Provides analytical support regarding digital channel operations, product feature issues, and member problems to then make recommendations and work with cross-functional teams and vendors to implement needed changes after approval.
- Responsible for preparing and updating digital channel usage reports as well as prepare ad hoc reports needed to gauge successful operation of digital channels.
- Responsible for maintaining product roadmaps and grooming product backlogs for release cycle management
- Builds a collaborative relationship with cross-functional teams to support business owners in user story definition, issue tracking and issue resolution.
- Provides support during all phases of the digital channel lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of relevant technological developments and identify enhancement needs.
- Reviews existing and new vendors and financial institutions to assist management in evaluating competitiveness and service of member needs as well as conducting competitive landscape analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Native Mobile and Online/Online responsive product development and launch skills
- Business analysis skills as necessary to research, analyze, evaluate and recommend improvements to product’s operations, systems and procedures.
- Ability to apply customer centric design principles to improve digital channels and create delightful member experiences
- Ability to drive successful implementation of client-facing technical solutions, including:
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective and timely product usage reports, correspondence, procedures and other written materials, for the department and public and private agencies.
- Ability to conducting a variety of administrative and operational support studies, evaluate alternatives and prepare recommendations for operational or procedural changes.
- Excellent communication skills, written and orally.
- Excellent digital (online/Mobile) skills.
- Ability to work under intensive deadlines.
- Ability to interact with different level of staff and members.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills.
Education, Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or Psychology
- Minimum five years’ experience leading digital projects and/or related experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a financial institution which includes related experience in working with IT teams.
- Experience with personal loan, auto loan, credit card, enrollment/membership originations digital platforms and processes
- Minimum of five years’ direct experience conducting process analysis, requirements definition and use-case analysis
- Agile Certification
- UX/UI experience and certification and/or Google Analytics certification a plus