As a Personal Home Care Account Manager, you will:
- Provide education and relay benefits of non-medical Personal Home Care to referral sources.
- Use superior customer service and sales skills and knowledge to attract and maintain business relationships in the health care industry.
- Contact all leads in a timely matter and follows up with all leads weekly.
- Build and cultivate relationships with the community, professional organizations, key influencers and customers/clients to build a consistent pipeline for referrals and recruitment.
- Conduct pre-discharge hospital or skilled nursing facility visits at the client's request to determine need.
- Conduct informational meetings with prospective clients to understand their needs and inform them of Personal Home Care services.
- Responsible for initiating a service agreement with individuals coming on service.
- Assist with public relations outreach through speaking engagements, in-services and other involvement in community organizations, trade shows and co-marketing with allied healthcare professionals.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with branch staff and field sales resources.
- Assist branch in timely processing of billing.
- Collect and Documents all demographic and payer information.
- Participate in Home Health Case Conferences/Hospice IDTs as needed to ensure client satisfaction and continuity of services delivered.
- Educates Home Health and Hospice teams about Personal Home Care services and the benefits to their patients.
- Assist with the implementation and development of programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of physician, hospital, skilled nursing facility, case management and discharge planning service needs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of compliance with all local, state and federal laws related to Personal Home Care regulations and care plan development techniques.
- Report to Branch Manager or Regional Manager and works collaboratively with Staffing Managers.
- Completes weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for onboarding clients.
- Support the company's strategic business building initiatives
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Will consider non-degreed candidates with supervisory experience in Home Health, Hospice and/or Healthcare.
- Current driver's license required.
- Reliable transportation and current auto insurance required.
- Proven sales performance with 2-5 years of outside sales experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales/account management: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement