Kindle Communications is seeking a candidate for a summer internship supporting the agency’s marketing and business development efforts. This position will support internal marketing efforts, while gaining hands-on experience with B2B marketing strategies, industry research and business development tactics. The intern will present weekly progress and a final project to multiple departments. This individual will enjoy our creative, collaborative and fun culture, exposure to Kindle’s leadership team and opportunity to attend Chicago-based client events.
- Develop a strong understanding of Kindle’s work and capabilities from multiple departments and perspectives.
- Provide administrative support within internal CRM system (HubSpot) including maintaining clean data, tracking audience activity and prepping communications.
- Conduct research and analysis on marketing initiatives, new promotional opportunities and industry trends, and provide top-line summary on findings.
- Develop competitive analysis and draw actionable insights to provide to the team.
- Support the cross-departmental collaboration between Marketing and Sales departments through lead vetting and data collection entry.
- Support Marketing Lead with case study development, asset management, social content and posting.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Sales by conducting research against target prospects, current clients and overall industry to gain and provide key insights.
- Support business development by developing email communications and outreach campaigns
- Develop capabilities presentations for client pitch meetings
- Develop final intern project to capture skills/insights learned during internship experience and present to a greater team.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar field.
- Has held internships in marketing, PR, or related field is preferred.
- Strong writing skills
- Has an interest in marketing strategy, research and relationship development.
- Effective communicates and is a team collaborator
- Previous experience with reporting or analyzing performance a plus
- Interest or passion for the experiential and live events space a plus
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience
- Creative, fun work environment
- Direct connection with company leadership
- Experience with various departments within agency
- This is a paid, part-time internship (start and end dates flexible)