About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare® Learning Centers and Rainbow Child Care Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions® before and after-school programs.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Specialist I. In this role, you will provide billing and accounts receivable support to multiple business lines. You will be responsible for invoicing client accounts, processing client transactions, assisting with the food subsidy sub ledger and producing period end reports required for reconciliation. This person will work collaboratively and in close partnership with the Billing and Accounts Receivable Services teams.
When you join our team as an Accounting Specialist I you will\:
- Process client billing through Oracle A/R application
- Process client payments through Oracle A/R application
- Process parent refunds through center management system (CMS)
- Process tuition transfers and payments for clients in CMS
- Review and research client utilization reports
- Assist the Accountant with the food subsidy sub ledger, including applying payments, researching errors and resolving variances
- Assist in creating and reviewing Back-Up Child Care (BUCC) utilization reports
- Coordinate with Center Staff and clients to ensure accurate reporting
- Provide A/R support to field personnel
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience\:
- High school diploma
- Intermediate experience with MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Basic knowledge of accounting and A/R transactions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and work independently
Preferred Skills & Experience\:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration)
- 1-2 years of Billing & Accounts Receivable experience
The benefits our career professionals enjoy\:
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package, benefits include\:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Substantial child care discount at KinderCare Learning Centers and Champions before and after school programs
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings®, Rainbow Child Care Centers and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.