Our customers rely on RapidResponse, our cloud platform, to plan their supply chains, monitor its execution and respond to issues and opportunities that arise.
What does it mean? Every day people all over the world use products, which are available to them because of us. Some of these products, like medicine, save lives, others, like cars and phones, bring people together, and some, like toothpaste, just make day-to-day life easier.
We make a difference to the world and you can too.
We are looking for: Platform Software Developer, Machine Learning
About the team
Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smartphone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Kinaxis solves problem like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data to analyze for some of the largest supply chains imaginable. Our algorithms move the global economy in seconds and minutes, not hours, or days.
Machine Learning Platform Developers at Kinaxis deliver innovative solutions to accelerate the transition towards intelligent supply chains. We apply Machine Learning technology to surface complex relationships and patterns across billions of data elements driving supply chain performance.
We are looking for talented people with entrepreneurial drive to join our growing team of Machine Learning Scientists and Engineers.
Who you are
- You have a passion for taking Machine Learning to production to solve real-world problems
- You thrive on building platform services for developers and care deeply about good design principles, API stability and best practices
- You love developing enterprise grade software at scale to create solutions with massive impact
- You love to keep on top of the latest and greatest in ML open source innovations and are opinionated about their use
- You work hand-in-hand with Modeling Engineers and Data Scientists, and your passion is to enable them with better infrastructure.
- You have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution.
- You take pride in enhancing and supporting our products
- You’re a strong believer in Continuous Integration, and the DevOps mindset
- You communicate fluidly, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood.
- You like working in teams, mentoring, and sharing neat things you come across
What you will do:
- Design, develop, and support all aspects of our Machine Learning platform software, including the areas of: ML Pipelines, Data engineering, High-availability, Fault-tolerance, Scalability, Privacy and Security
- Design robust APIs and shareable libraries
- Work closely with Product Management, ML developers, QA, and Support to build and support the product
- Analyze, scope, review, and estimate development activities
- Be the subject matter expert of your areas of the product
- Mentor less experienced team members
What we are looking for:
- You have 2+ years of experience working on ML infrastructure software projects.
- You have a sound grasp of OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- You have a proven understanding of distributed computing architectures.
- You have working experience with microservices, containerization and deploying software in the cloud.
- You have experience with data modelling, data streaming, data transformation, modern data stores and strong programming skills in Python/Pandas/ML Libs.
- You are rigorous in software design life cycle best practices.
- You have a disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests.
- You easily articulate complex concepts in writing and speech.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Considered an asset:
- Familiarity with feature engineering in a production setting
- Experience designing and developing platform APIs in enterprise software
- Experience with learned schemas
If you share our passion for solving problems using machine learning, let’s talk.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at hr@Kinaxis.com