Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
Kinark: Helping children and youth with complex needs achieve better life outcomes.
We currently have an opportunity for a:
Director of Information Technology
Regular, Full-Time - Markham, ON
As a member of Kinark’s Leadership team, the Director of Information Technology reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. This position provides strategic and operational leadership and oversight for Kinark’s secure and reliable systems infrastructure, technology support and business solutions strategies and initiatives to support the achievement of the organization’s long and short-term strategic goals.
- Develops multi-phased/ multi-year Information Technology strategic plans to support the organization’s strategic direction.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of Kinark’s systems infrastructure, ensuring network servers, desktop and mobile devices, email, voice and wireless communication elements are accessible and reliable.
- Identifies opportunities to partner with technology service providers, establishing working agreements and monitoring provider, vendor and contract staff performance and quality of services.
- Establishes the data governance framework, standards, general practices and security access processes and protocols to ensure confidentiality and security of all electronic organizational, business and client data and information.
- Oversees the design, development and implementation of business technology solutions and applications, website and database technologies to support organizational service delivery activities and operational priorities.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical process/system recoveries and risks and develops strategies to minimize downtime and mitigate risks.
- Develops technology strategies and plans to support strategy to enable consistent and integrated applications, methodologies and systems processes.
- Evaluates changing priorities, trends and emerging issues, analyzing the potential impacts on Information Technology infrastructures, operations and activities, identifies opportunities, ensuring alignment with long term strategies.
- Collaborates with the Executive team and Kinark Leadership Team to develop and implement organizational goals and strategies and operational plans and priorities, providing input on strategic initiative and priority development and developing success measures and standards to assess service delivery performance.
- Works with the President and Chief Executive Officer, the CAO and Board oversight committees on strategies, reports and initiative considerations in support of the Agency’s broader mission.
- Oversees staff planning, development and succession planning and sets department structure, to ensure quality services are provided and organizational strategies and initiatives are effectively implemented.
- Ensures the IT systems and processes meet and exceed the highest level of security, risk assurance and compliance to safeguard the Agency and preserve IT Business continuity.
- Ensures all relevant information and reporting is provided to stakeholders in a way that ensures understanding and ease of use.
- Oversees the assigned IT capital budgets, monitoring budget adherence, identifying variances, resolving issues, authorizing expenditures and ensuring the timely preparation and delivery of all required financial projections, reports and submissions.
- Required completion of an undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 10 years’ applicable experience working in the information technology, business management/operations and service delivery fields.
- 7+ years progressive management experience.
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated collaborator / team player
- Experience leading and building a team
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical
Interested applicants should submit their résumés via: https://kinark.talcura.com/Candidates/ShowJob.aspx?JobId=3724
By May 16, 2019