At Kin's Farm Market we strive to be a leader in specialty produce through a family-team environment by delivering freshness, providing unique customer service, promoting healthy lifestyles, and providing rewarding careers. With over 30 years in the produce industry, and 25 locations in the Lower Mainland, we are constantly growing and expanding!
Our Vancouver, BC locations are currently hiring! We are looking for enthusiastic Stock Persons/Cashiers & Sales Associates to join our team.
Ideal candidates must have a flexible schedule. The responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains the company and store image according to Kin's policies and procedures;
- Greets customers and creates a friendly shopping atmosphere;
- Provides information to customers and answers their questions and inquiries about products, procedures or policies;
- Promotes products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and closes the sale-Resolves problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages;
- Operates cash registers, point of sale equipment and other equipment for processing transactions;
- Receives and processes payments by cash, credit card or automatic debit accurately;
- Calculates total payments received at the end of work shift and reconciles with total sales;
- Balances the till at the end of the shift and prepares reports regarding cash balances;
- Maintains the accuracy of the store's daily sales record and cash balance (including money in the safe and change box) and minimizes cash shortages;
- Authorizes payments and the return of merchandise;
- Weighs produce and bulk goods, wraps and places merchandise in bags;
- Receives, unloads and unpacks products and counts, weighs and sorts them according to company receiving procedures;
- Ensures displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections including, the Front, Middle, Outside, Veggie, Cashier Counter, Reduced and Side-Sections according to Kin's procedures.
Qualifications for this position
- Minimum 1 year of cashier or customer service experience in a retail environment, preferably in a produce store;
- Well organized with attention to details;
- Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Lift 50lbs boxes periodically throughout the day;
- Able to speak a second language is an asset;
- Food Safe Training is an asset.
A career with Kin's means working in a fun and friendly team-oriented atmosphere, with career advancement opportunities across our 33 locations.
We offer a competitive wage, career advancement opportunities, vacation pay, and employee discounts and perks!
Apply today and join our family-team environment!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual, Permanent
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)