At Kin's Farm Market**,we strive to be a leader in specialty produce through a family-team environment by delivering freshness, providing unique customer service, promoting healthy lifestyles, and providing rewarding careers. With over 30 years in the produce industry, and 25 locations in the Lower Mainland, we are constantly growing and expanding!
Wecurrently have a job opening for a Regional Manager. He/she will work 5.5 days a week, which includes weekdays and weekends during store operation hours and must be willing to work at different stores in the Lower Mainland. He/she will work autonomously under general direction of the Operation Manager. This position is responsible for performing the following duties:
Multi-store Management :
- Conducts regular stores visit, ensures stores are in compliance and operates according to Kin's Farm Market's required operating standards and procedures.
- Monitors, guides and advises Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers to operate a Kin's Farm Market retail store effectively; follows up on actions required on a timely manner.
- Ensures the workplace is safe and harassment free. Ensures employees are treated fairly and without discrimination.
- Meets Kin's Farm Market's Mission, Spirit, Rules, Store Quality Standards, Work Standards, and Company Policies.
- Prepares annual budget and action plan; quarterly review and revision of budgets if required.
- Maintains the company quality standard and reach the optimal profitability and display standards.
- Maintains gross margin and inventory turnover according to individual store standards.
- Oversees overall wage expenses, spoilage and supplies expenses according to company standards.
- Monitors store management working schedules and take proper action.
- Communicates and maintains a good relationship with the third party (when applicable)
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing; reads Market News, Operation News and any other communication from Kin's and implements any updates within the required time frame.
- Studies and analyzes store performance reports, discusses action plan with store management to improve store performance and efficiency.
- Acts as liaison between stores and suppliers; assists to distribute produce to stores according to its needs.
- Involves in the settlement of claim disputes between Store Managers and suppliers or any other 3rd party.
- Prepares produce sales reports and/or any other forms of analyses as required from time to time.
- Communicate all updates, changes or new information from the Support Center to the assigned stores.
People Management :
- Manages matters related to employees within the district which include but are not limited to the followings: Determines staffing needs for stores within the district; Approves vacation schedules of Store Managers, plan for relieve staff and/or acts as back up when Store Managers within the district are on vacation; Manages and motivates store management to increase sales and ensure efficiency; Manages stores and employees' performance through regular store visits, evaluation and constant communications; Recognizes good performance and behaviors; documents disciplinary actions of Store Managers within the district. Acts as backup of other District Managers when they are on vacations.
- Provides training to new and existing management team; conduct presentations during meetings as required.
- Guides and coaches store managers to solve problems and employee issues professionally; conducts proper investigation according to company guidelines and take appropriate disciplinary actions which are in compliance to the applicable act, legislation and regulations.
- Oversees human resources activities which may include interviewing, hiring, resolving conflicts and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Provides feedback and contributes to company meetings, e.g. Store Manger Meetings, Assistant Store Manager Meetings to other company initiatives.
- Promotes rewarding careers by developing and promoting internal employees based on performance.
- Cultivates and encourages open and honest communications in the workplace environment.
- Evaluates Store Management and coaches when appropriate based on Kin's standards and individual stores needs in consultation with the Store Manager.
Company Expansion :
Be responsible for taking over new store opening including participation in operation and the overall planning, overseeing construction of new stores if required, organizing store grand opening and marketing events, staff recruitment and training.
- At least 3 years of Managing Retail experience preferably at a produce store.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with good command of English.
- Ability to think strategically and take action in executing a strategic plan.
- Flexible and willing to work on emergency situations on 24/7 basis.
- A team player with strong Coaching and Performance Evaluation skills.
- To have a vehicle and to be able to drive.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to People Development. We offer successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits, vacation pay, career advancement opportunity and employee discount.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)