Do you want to "inspire a better quality of life in your community"? At Kin's Farm Market we want to make a difference in the lives of our customers, staff members and the community as a whole. Join our team today!
With over 30 years in the produce industry, and 28 locations in the Lower Mainland, Kin's Farm Market is constantly growing and expanding. Grow your career with us!
Our various locations in the Lower Mainland are currently hiring! Do you have entrepreneurial spirit? We are looking for a business minded Assistant Managers who loves to engage with staff and customers. If you like to have fun while you get things done - then come join our team!
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for training, supervising and coordinating the activities of Sales Associates. You will be responsible for opening and closing the store, providing customer service, while performing the full range of cashier duties and necessary stocking duties as well as other duties as required.
The Assistant Manager's responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the Store Manager to plan, organise, direct and execute activities related to produce display, receiving, daily operations, etc. of Greenfield Produce Stores and to create a good customer experience.
- Provides guidance to employees' queries related to the operation and safety of the workplace.
- Participates in hiring, training and reviewing of new hires; supervises employees in accordance to Greenfield's policies and procedures for operations.
- Prepares employee work schedules according to company standards and individual store needs.
- Works closely with Head Office and Store Team on marketing, promoting and selling of Greenfield's products.
- Maintains inventory level, spoilage, supplies according to company standards. Monitor and maintain maintenance log records.
- Maintains the sanitation and cleanliness of the store and office areas
- Maintains the company and store image according to Kin's policies and procedures
- Promotes products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and closes the sale
- Resolves problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Balances the till at the end of the shift and prepares reports regarding cash balances
- Maintains the accuracy of the store's daily sales record and cash balance (including money in the safe and change box) and minimises cash shortages
- Receives, unloads and unpacks products and counts, weighs and sorts them according to company receiving procedures
- Ensures displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections
- Maintains inventory of store supplies within budget to ensure supplies are sufficiently equipped for the sales floor
Qualifications and Skills
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Able to motivate and coach employees
- Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner
- Lift 30 to 50 lbs boxes periodically throughout the day
- Some supervisory experience is an asset
- Willing to relocate to any assigned store located in the lower mainland if necessary
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Completion of secondary school education
- Food Safe Training is an asset
A career with Kin's means working in a fun and friendly team-oriented atmosphere, with career advancement opportunities across our 28 locations.
We offer a competitive wage, career advancement opportunities, vacation pay, and employee discounts and perks!
Apply today and join our family-team environment!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- retail management: 1 year (Preferred)