Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, yet remaining chill about it.
About the Development Team
You’ll be part of a growing team and a growing company. Our development team is lean. We have enough people that you can rely on a team to get work done but small enough where you’ll be familiar with the code base and all of our products and services. We focus on productivity over tech. We work in Rails and Heroku and we value getting code out. We encourage experimentation and growth but we want to build new product quickly. Our team is business minded, meaning everyone gets into the details about our company, fund raising, and the insurance industry. The team is also highly cross-functional, you’ll work with our insurance experts, QA, Product, and operations very closely.
In short, we move fast, are excited about the work we are doing, and we try hard to not let non-essentials get in the way of building great products.
So, what’s the role?
As a Ruby Startup Developer, you will collaborate daily with various members of our development team, creating and modifying software to improve our customers’ experience. Our main goal at Kin is to make insurance accessible and affordable, and much of this stems from innovation and efficiency.
A day in the life could include:
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Collaborating with various members of the development team to accomplish multiple projects - we’re a startup, so we’ll keep you busy
- Providing subject matter expertise and support for project
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Comfortable in a startup environment - we’re fast paced, self-motivated, and determined to change the industry
- Fast learner, ready to bring previous knowledge to this position and continue developing along the way
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a professional developer
- Significant experience designing Ruby on Rails applications, Python, or Node
- FinTech experience is a plus, but not required
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
These are just some of the benefits we provide!