Why we're here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here. Our founder, Bill Kimpton, rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
You're here to improve the lives of guests, coworkers, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you!
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate must be a detail-oriented self-starter who is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate must possess excellent communication skills, be eager to learn and grow in the world of Accounting/Finance and have a great can and will do attitude, with a unique candor for the hospitality industry. Having dreams about numbers is not required - trust us!
This is an entry-level role that is suitable for recent graduates.
Some of the things we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Tourism Management, Hospitality Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting or a relevant field of work.
- Able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, dogs, and the general public. Wait what - dogs?
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, among other figures and funky formulas.
- Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to count backwards in multiples of 7 starting from 1981 in 90 seconds. Let's make Bill proud.
What you'll do
We are seeking a Staff Accountant at Hotel Marlowe who will assist the Area Director of Finance in performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the properties within established deadlines.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Prepare, record, and process accounts payable and cash disbursement, and accounts receivable and cash receipts.
- Prepare allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenue items as needed.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare and process payroll and deductions schedules.
- Assist in the posting of accounts to the general ledger for: accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements and payroll.
- Review open invoice reports and follow up with a schedule of payments or adjustments.
- Assist Director of Finance with month-end financials and year-end financial audit.
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner.
- Perform other related duties as directed or as the situation dictates.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
opens a pdf file
Opens in New Window
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).