Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As the Marketing+Revenue Coordinator for Kimpton, you'll support both the Brand+Marketing Team as well as the Revenue+Distribution Team. You'll provide administrative support, help coordinate internal events, manage our brand assets, plan photoshoots, and work with one of the best teams in hospitality (ok, we might be a little biased). If you're passionate about brand and marketing, have experience in project management, graphic design, or campaign management, and want to learn more, we'd like to get to know you.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Manage the calendars of two busy Vice Presidents.
- Coordinate calendars for other team leaders, schedule multi-disciplinary internal meetings, and schedule meetings with external partners.
- Process invoices for contractors and vendors in PeopleSoft.
- Submit expense reports on behalf of team leaders.
- Manage the teams' corporate and allocated budgets.
Brand + Marketing Project Support
- Coordinate multiple disciplines and teams to help build tools, documents, and collateral.
- Coordinate the execution of internal Corporate Social Responsibility activations.
- Own shared resources and assets, such as imagery, PPT updates, events calendar, internal SharePoint portal, kimptonbrandconcierge.com, etc.
- Liaise with global brand team members to ensure they are in lockstep with Home Office Commercial initiatives.
- Provide brand assets as needed, review materials for brand accuracy.
- Plan and coordinate photoshoots.
- Be a "brand evangelist" within the company.
Revenue + Distribution (R+D) Project Support
- Coordinate and collect internal resources from R+D team and other disciplines to facilitate the completion of decks, documents, and presentations.
- Plan, attend, and execute multiple R+D events throughout the year including - the annual R+D Summit, 2-3 team offsite events, and R+D breakout sessions at the annual Commercial Conference (travel will be required).
- Assist Home Office Coordinators with the planning and facilitation of internal summits and conferences.
- Execute employee relations activations (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, team lunches, special events).
- Maintain field R+D team Outlook distribution lists.
We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on additional responsibilities at times (as we all do!).
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Experience with task scheduling and resource assignment.
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, lead, and track project performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both when client-facing and internal.
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite (INDD, AI, PSD) is ideal.
- Awareness of hospitality and lifestyle industry trends, and a naturally good "eye" for visual content.
- Available for occasional travel (3-4 times per year).
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here
opens a pdf file
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.