WHY WE'RE HERE:
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT:
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick-started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Email Marketing Manager will lead Kimpton's email marketing and leisure offer strategies on behalf of 60+ hotels. This position requires hands-on experience building and optimizing customer-centric email marketing programs and revenue-driving campaigns from conception to execution. You'll continuously test, improve, and evolve email communication. You're a creative thinker who is data-driven, enjoys complex problem solving, and thrives on owning the process and strategies.
- Oversee a guest-focused email program with an emphasis on delivering relevant communications optimized for engagement and conversion.
- You'll lead the strategy, execution, optimization, and measurement of all Kimpton emails from start to finish at every stage of a customer's lifecycle and in partnership with our loyalty program email owners.
- Define goals of all email communication working with the content and design teams to translate those into a high-quality, on-brand finished product.
- Use data to identify core guest segments and develop tailored marketing and email communication strategies.
- Partner with all channel owners and teams (including; digital, social, media, comms, revenue, and more) to develop our hotel leisure marketing strategy, the email offers and calendar, loyalty initiatives, programming, strategy, and execution.
- Oversight of email marketing vendors to ensure proper execution of each email.
- You're able to write and define data queries to define target segments for each mailing.
- Integrate the email program plan into the larger marketing messaging calendar.
- Develop strategies to drive engagement and incremental revenue through up-sell, cross-sell, and retention.
- Define key success metrics: own email performance, forecasting, reporting, and analysis. Present results to executives and partners regularly and speak to them in large meetings.
- Be the in-house authority on email standard methodologies and stay on top of relevant trends.
- Pull and analyze raw data. Explain results and decisions to partners and senior leaders.
- Communicate strategies, initiatives, goals, plans to all teams and senior leaders.
- Own creative direction including choosing imagery, writing, and editing copy that adheres to our brand standards.
- Define and create growth strategies to increase our database size and engagement within our programs.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You've got 5+ years of email marketing experience, preferably in B2C or with an agency.
- Ability to work well as part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to establishing team spirit, and help others succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to grow email as a marketing and revenue channel.
- Experience with Selligent/Strongview, Movable Ink a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented, dedicated, creative, with a positive attitude and strong attention to detail.
- You're high energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure. You navigate tight deadlines in a dynamic environment effortlessly.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and operate with an entrepreneurial, growth-focused mindset.
- You emulate the Kimpton Culture. We like to think of ourselves as more than just coworkers, but as family. Diversity and inclusion are core to our values as is hard work and a positive attitude.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities, and genders.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.