What You'll Do
In this role, you'll use your knowledge of regional trends, actively respond to financial performance, provide strategic direction for the sales teams, and ensure achievement of Kimpton's short and long term goals. Direct and lead your team to achieve budgeted top-line revenues. Accountable for Sales and Marketing budget to assure appropriate spend. Act as the hotel ambassador by establishing relationships with the community to increase the hotel's exposure. Work tactically with the Director of Revenue Management (DORM), Director of Finance (DOF), Digital Marketing, and Public Relations teams to ensure a strategically symbolic relationship between all disciplines.
Some of Your Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to the sales team, continually assessing their strengths and challenges.
- Works with DORM on monthly, quarterly, and annual rooms, budgets, and forecasting.
- Responsible for management of departmental budgets including forecasting monthly expenses and explanation of variances on P&L.
- Pulls and analyzes relevant data to develop and recommend appropriate actions.
- Develop marketing and PR initiatives to support sales strategies and activities.
- Responsible for directing all Public Relations efforts including management of the Public Relations firm and collaboration with the Kimpton Home Office PR team.
- Establishes a sense of urgency with the team to understand and anticipate needs.
- Responsible for working directly with the General Manager and Regional Director of Sales + Marketing (RDSM) in building a clear and credible vision for the hotel.
- Handles assigned market segment based upon experience and depth of contact base to benefit the hotel.
- Knowledgeable of competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies, service, and product improvements to stay competitive.
- Responsible for achieving the group rooms, catering, and meeting room rental budgets for hotel.
- Consistently reviews shifts in market mix with revenue and operations teams and makes deployment/pricing recommendations.
- Work with IHG Corporate Sellers to communicate specific account needs to impact revenues.
- Responsible for appropriate identification of key markets and supporting deployment and travel schedule strategies.
- Develop appropriate revenue/production goals with the RDSM's support and approval.
- Assist with individual quarterly action plans and quarterly Kimpton Check-Ins for your team.
- Ensure that accurate and detailed notes/traces of accounts are maintained via Opera and Delphi databases.
- Align with the People & Culture Department (HR), structures, and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize all revenues.
What You Bring
- Proven leader with 5 years of sales management experience leading a team
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to evolving market dynamics and needs.
- Proven ability to encourage, lead and develop a team by example.
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration or Business preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy, and working knowledge of Delphi sales software, Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau etc.
The Kimpton Saint George is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for any qualified applicants under the respective provincial human rights codes. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.