- Responsible for day to day activities of accounting and account balances. (with medium to high complexity)
- Performance of the month-end financial statement close processes and internal controls related to those transactions and account balances.
- Assists with various analyses and requests from management and other departments.
- Responsible for timely, accurate financial statement close (related to assigned accounts/transactions) each month.
- Monitor tasks owned and proactively identify/resolve delays and/or issues.
- Ensure progress is communicated to supervisor.
- Create and upload journal entries.
- Appropriately document and support all transactions.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and analyses for assigned accounts.
- Perform and document all related internal controls and maintain appropriate evidence.
- Reconcile investment and bank statements to the general ledger.
- Comply with all corporate policies, GAAP standards and statutory requirements
- Proactively identify inconsistencies, errors, and/or issues and recommend actions/resolution to supervisor.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation and implement change for new processes and controls or improvements to existing processes and controls.
- Proactively identify and present proposed process improvements.
- Respond timely and completely to requests from management and other departments.
- Prepare requested supporting schedules for audit and financial reporting purposes.
- Assist with and volunteer for other special projects, implementations, etc.
- Provide cross-training to other accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of related experience
- 4-year college degree or higher
- Supervisor experience preferred
Indeed Hire and Kimmins Contracting* are working together to find the best candidate for this job. *
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 3 years (Required)
- SAGE: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: Intermediate level : 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tampa, FL: Between 21 and 30 miles (Preferred)