Kimber Mfg., Inc. a rapidly growing and leading manufacturer of fine sporting firearms with locations in NY, NJ, MT and AL, has an immediate opening for an experienced CNC Programmer Setup Operator based in our Yonkers, NY location.
- Run multiple machines in a cell environment safely (vertical & horizontal).
- Check and monitor dimensions on parts and know how to correct them before they go out of tolerance.
- Trouble-shoot problems with tooling and fixtures.
- Make advanced program changes without supervision.
- Have a thorough understanding of features and controls of machines.
- Change part programs and check first parts before going to QC for approval.
- Ability to remain active and on your feet throughout a 12 hour shift while running multiple machines.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of CNC machining experience necessary.
- Must be able to use inspection equipment and check tight tolerance parts.
- Have a good knowledge of machining practices and cutting tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of Fanuc Programming language including Macro B.
- Monitor tools to maximize tool life.
- Know how to upload/download programs.
- Interact effectively with production partners.