About the Company
KIM SEYBERT, INC. is a luxury consumer goods manufacturer, distributor, and retailer of designer tabletop, gifts and home accessories. We are based in New York, with offices and warehousing in North Carolina. The Company's foundation originates from Kim Seybert' s highly original vision as a designer.
Job Title: Product Development Associate
Location: New York, N.Y. 10018
The ideal candidate will have a high level of organization and must be extremely detail oriented, thrive in an open collaborative environment, where teamwork and togetherness is everything. He/she must become intimately familiar with the product lines to ensure job success. This is a full-time job.
- Maintain and organize fabric swatches & fabrics received from all vendors
- Work with design teams to process samples for seasonal markets.
- Daily communication with overseas & local vendors to complete collections.
- Keep track of all packages going out & coming in & arrange daily FedEx packages.
- Maintain and review weekly reports with design & production team on sample status, trim development, submits pending approval, etc.
- Seasonally, assist Design team.
- Review and note important deadline dates relating to job responsibilities on the seasonal calendar.
- Prepare and maintain Line List for organizational members and report any issues/delays during the weekly WIP meetings.
- Work closely with design to ensure all details of the line are executed accurately.
- Review all sale samples with Design to ensure accurate details before distributing to Sales team for market week.
- Communicate with vendors/factories daily for on-going and new developments.
- Maintain up to date sample chart with all details.
- Request samples, follow up on the status, and track after sent.
- Request costing on all samples.
- Work with Sales & Designs for approval for samples.
- Review all incoming samples to see if all details are correct and workmanship are acceptable.
- Prepare weekly Production & Development meeting with the team.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience in a similar position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Must be able to cultivate relationships but also be assertive when necessary
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop
- Excellent organization skills: self-directed and capable of handling multiple projects on tight deadlines.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an industry leader in the home accessories market. Please include with your application, a cover letter and salary requirements. Salary negotiable based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manhattan, NY 10018 (Preferred)