This position will be part of the desktop support team for all the company’s operations and will work closely with third party vendors. They will need to have strong cutting‐edge IT skills. This position will be responsible for the test and integration of the latest handheld computing devices, as well as standard company desktop configuration, laptop, tablets, and mobile devices (iPhones/iPads). This position requires hands on skills in a 24/7 environment. Candidates must be willing and able to work outside of normal business hours and travel in/out of state to various offices when needed.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Computer and Network Operations.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering disciplines preferred. Or demonstrated work related experience.
- Must have knowledge of network security protocols.
- Must use good security judgment on what can or cannot be connected to the corporate network.
- Relevant industry certifications preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and devise creative solution to unique problems; resourceful during time sensitive situations.
- Calm under pressure.
- Customer‐service oriented.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to multi‐task with ease and prioritize at a moment’s notice.
- Familiarity with etiquette, settings and protocols required for working in high‐end home and CSuite environment.
- Knowledgeable of office video systems, including Crestron, AMX, Vantage, Lutron.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, and be able to provide proof of insurability.
Summary of Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Be responsible for the physical computer moves at all Northern California offices including:
- Printer setup, assisting in the coordination and installation of telecommunications (data circuits and voice circuits), and cross connect patch cables from patch panels to data switches
- Helping to ensure 99.999% reliability for Internet access and desktop email clients
- Monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the home office network, systems, and computing devices
- Installation, setup and configuration of new computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc...
- Desktop support for approximately 350 End Users and various offices via phone or Remote Desktop
- Staying up to date and knowledgeable on new and upcoming device specifications and features
- Basic knowledge of networking (Wifi, AP’s, 802.x)
- VTC and phone support (Cisco Call Manager Experience a Plus)
- Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.6 – OS X 10.14 (Snow Leopard-Mojave)
- Printer & Fax Machine
- Monitor and follow machine maintenance schedules
- Configure and install
- Mobile devices‐ Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Setup and configuration, iCloud backup and restore, installing apps, syncing with exchange
- Bluetooth devices/syncing
- iTunes‐ AirPlay streaming
- Application troubleshooting
- Wireless Networking
- Wi‐Fi Routers, access points‐maintenance, troubleshooting
- AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme
- Familiarity with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac‐ differences
- Digital Audio
- Understand basic setup/functionality of multi‐channel mixers, studio monitors, USB audio interfaces, microphones, cables, adapters, etc...
- Digital Video
- Downloading and uploading videos to and from various websites (e.g. YouTube and Vimeo)
- Desktop Applications Support
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other applications
- Office 2010 (especially Outlook), Office 2016, Office 365, Endpoint Protection, Adobe PDF
- Mac/Apple environment and software
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Desktop and Laptops
- Hardware troubleshooting and replacement, including peripherals
- Familiarity with NetMotion Mobility is a plus
- Other duties as assigned