Staff Accountant Position
Killingsworth Environmental is a rapidly growing home services company that serves Charlotte and surrounding areas. Killingsworth prides itself on Quality and World Class Customer Service. We are now hiring a full-time Staff Accountant with 0-2 years of general ledger experience. This position will support the finance team and be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions including month end close procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Zero to two years of general ledger experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong "customer service" mindset with an affinity for a 'follow-up/follow-through' style.
- Proactive communicator keeping supervisors, other leaders and their respective team updated.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, passionate about accounting, pleasant personality.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings which include property tax listings, sales and use, etc.
- Understand and respect needs for confidentiality of company data.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Quick learner with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience is a plus.
- Report to the Controller and work directly with finance team on financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis.
- Insure the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the financial statements and other information reported to internal and external users.
- Complete the monthly financial close process within established timelines.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations within established timelines.
- Finance ad hoc reporting and projects.
- Back up various accounting functions as needed.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure proper coding of expenses.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while achieving department goals and objectives.
- Schedule will be Monday - Friday 8a-5p.
- This position will work out of our Matthews/Monroe location.
- Killingsworth is a drug free company.
- Must have a clean criminal background and credit check.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance on the first of the month following 60 days waiting period from your date of hire. 401K benefits start once hired, match after 1 year.
To expedite your application please apply online at www.TheBigGreenK.com and click on "Join Our Team" or go to this hyperlink:
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Ledger: 1 year (Preferred)