We are seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails web developer to join our team as a contract/freelance member. You will be working on and improving our existing prototype and have the potential to join us as the tech lead as we grow.
You are an experienced Ruby on Rails developer who takes pride in his/her work. You are comfortable working on all aspects of development - front-end (no design skills required) and back-end. You are also a fast learner and you enjoy learning new things and problem-solving.
We are a Vancouver startup aimed at improving legal access and modernizing the lawyer search process. We are still a very early stage startup and are looking for an original pioneer to join us as a core member and grow with us.
Smart, friendly, ambitious, gets stuff done.
Independent, driven, proactive, disciplined, and hardworking.
Competent coder; comfortable in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments.
"Full stack" experience.
About your software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working on challenging problems in Ruby on Rails applications as a full stack developer
- A strong understanding of relational database systems, data modeling and design with PostgreSQL
- Strong experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and test driven development
- Familiarity with current and upcoming ROR features and best practices
- Familiarity with a variety of architectural patterns, frameworks, and libraries
- Familiarity with current CSS and HTML features and best practices
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a project independently
Additional desired qualifications
- Familiarity with Heroku, GitHub, Capistrano, Rspec, Capybara, Sass, Rubocop, Sidekiq, slim-template
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Contract, Freelance
Salary: $30.00 to $50.00 /hour