As a Development Manager at Kik, you will face some of the most interesting challenges in modern software engineering. You will lead a team of engineers who build and maintain a platform relied on by millions of users. We leverage cutting-edge tools, software and open-source where it makes sense. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment, you will find this role highly rewarding.
Experience we like:
- Architect and build new product features in Kik s production apps
- Improve infrastructure and tooling to support your team
- Coach and mentor team members and enable them to achieve a high level of success
- Collaborate with other departments to help solve development challenges
- Participate in full software development lifecycle and write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- 5+ years of hands-on application development experience
- 2+ years experience leading a team of developers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building and maintaining large, consumer-facing apps
- Past contributions to best practices and process improvements
- Effective in working with technical teams, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven back-end development experience, preferably experienced in working with microservices
- Work in MaRS ( https://www.marsdd.com )
- Generous Health, Drug and Dental benefits plans, including Family and Travel coverage
- Stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Daily Foodora credit
- Flexible vacation: 3 weeks plus a 2 week shutdown in December
- Much more!
Our mission is to connect the world through chat. We are doing that by building an ecosystem of services around Kik chat, so users can connect with people, businesses, and the world around them.
Kik is used by millions of users every day where people can chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Since our company s founding in 2009, we have raised US$120.5 million from investors including Union Square Ventures, SV Angel, Valiant Capital Partners, and Spark Capital.
In August 2015, Tencent China s largest company and the maker of WeChat invested US$50 million in Kik, valuing the company at US$1 billion.
Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, close to the University of Waterloo, where Kik s founders were students. We also have offices in Toronto, New York, and Tel Aviv.