Requisition ID: 76088
The General Superintendent plans and coordinates the production efforts of direct supervisors under his/her supervision and motivates them to accomplish the work safely, correctly and efficiently. Provides liaison between field engineers and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications. Supervise other disciplines at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision. Must understand and implementKiewit scheduling/planning, cost controls and equipment systems.
- Departement moral, quality and safety ;
- Field discipline and accountability ;
- Departement staff organization ;
- Mentoring staff ;
- Utilization to assigned equipment ;
- Overall discipline schedules ;
- Leads planning effort.
Typical daily and weekly actions:
- Meets daily with superintendents to develop POD / equipment needs ;
- Review daily costs ;
- Verify superintends are sticking to 4 week schedule ;
- Observe and critique operations and work with superintendents to maximize efficiency ;
- Attend different crew safety meetings and critique with superintendent ;
- Represent department in weekly schedule meeting ;
- Conduct weekly LDR reviews with department ;
- Review commodity curves with department ;
- Review ITPs / quality requirements with staff ;
- Conduct weekly department meeting.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 15 years of experience as superintendent for Civil/Transport sector ;
- Leader, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision ;
- Able to work with the proposal team ;
- The position requires someone with the ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit's policies, procedures and software programs. Also, the position requires the person to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Must have excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.