Requisition ID: 76614
Ganotec District is a full service, heavy industrial contractor serving the industrial sector across Canada.
Ganotec typically self performs all major disciplines including, civil, structural steel erection, heavy mechanical equipment installation, process piping and electrical / instrumentation and controls. We conduct our business through a variety of commercial contract styles including full turnkey, EPC, design build, T&M and conventional discipline packages.
Students will be working under the guidance of senior engineers, in intern positions that will provide a wide range of experience and responsibilities. This is an intern position for September 2018 workterm that performs assignment- specific construction management duties that may include any combination of the following:
- Safety – participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
- Estimating, pricing and bidding work
- Contract Administration – subcontract and material contract management
- Document control
- Trend tracking – tracking of quantities, costs and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Equipment and Material Management
- Material takeoffs and material receipt inspection
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Surveying and quantity tracking
- Scheduling & Work plan development - Coordination between engineering and construction activities
- Students must be working towards an engineering degree or diploma in industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Strong organizational, time management
- Effective oral and written communication skills in french and english
- Be able to effectively carry out assigned duties in varying work environments and in different terrain (including various weather conditions)
- Flexible with work locations – must be able to travel/relocate for the work term
- Must have a valid driver’s license
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the eighth year in a row
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
- Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
- Our interns engage with the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
- Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.