Requisition ID: 79445
Mass Electric Construction Company:
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC-Transportation has a 55-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $3 billion of transportation projects nationwide. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
MEC-Transportation has projects in cities all across the US, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Our operations include:
- Signal systems
- Overhead contact systems
- Traction power
- Communication systems
- Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
- Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
- Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
- Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
- Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
- Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
- Order and schedule material deliveries
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
- Supervise field operations
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
- Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
- Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
- Participate in the preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
- Schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
- Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
- Enter data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
- Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
- Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
- Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
- Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
- Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering or equivalent experience and education
- At least 1 year of experience in the construction field
- Must have working knowledge and be able to direct the operations of at least these management systems: scheduling - CPM, unit man-hour performance, material control, estimating and subcontracts.
- Experience with leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning and organization.
- Ability to travel and relocate as required.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.